CPI(M) leaders should avoid using derogatory words: Biman Bose
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Left Front chairman and CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose today requested party leaders and workers to refrain from using derogatory words or comments against rival political leaders.
"Sometimes in over excitement some party leaders and comrades use words which should not be used. Please don't make such comments against rival politicians and never make personal attacks on other politicians. We the Left leaders and workers should never do it," Bose said in a rally in the city.
Bose's comment came in the backdrop of reported derogatory comments made by former minister and CPI(M) MLA Anishur Rehman against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee months back.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it