CPI(M) leaders should avoid using derogatory words: Biman Bose
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Left Front chairman and CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose today requested party leaders and workers to refrain from using derogatory words or comments against rival political leaders.
"Sometimes in over excitement some party leaders and comrades use words which should not be used. Please don't make such comments against rival politicians and never make personal attacks on other politicians. We the Left leaders and workers should never do it," Bose said in a rally in the city.
Bose's comment came in the backdrop of reported derogatory comments made by former minister and CPI(M) MLA Anishur Rehman against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee months back.