CPI(M) leaders should avoid using derogatory words: Biman Bose
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Left Front chairman and CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose today requested party leaders and workers to refrain from using derogatory words or comments against rival political leaders.
"Sometimes in over excitement some party leaders and comrades use words which should not be used. Please don't make such comments against rival politicians and never make personal attacks on other politicians. We the Left leaders and workers should never do it," Bose said in a rally in the city.
Bose's comment came in the backdrop of reported derogatory comments made by former minister and CPI(M) MLA Anishur Rehman against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee months back.