CPI(M) and Maoists are plotting to kill me: Mamata Banerjee
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: RCB strong in chase against KKR
Blasting the CPI(M) for allegedly joining hands with Maoists to kill her in their bid to return to power, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today also charged the Marxists for being hand-in-glove with Congress and BJP in plotting against her. "CPI(M) has joined hands with the Maoists in making a blueprint to kill me and to make room for their return to power in West Bengal which will never come off," Banerjee thundered at her first panchayat poll campaign here, near the border town of Bongaon in North 24-parganas district.
Unsparing in her charges against Congress and BJP, the Trinamool Congress supremo alleged that she had definite intelligence reports that a 'murder plot' was hatched during her visit to Kamduni village on Monday. "Outsiders intruded the village when I visited the residence of the girl (gangrape victim who was brutally killed on June 8) and my security staff later told me that a murder plot was hatched against me there itself, which came to be known later," she alleged.
Banerjee, who was peeved at angry demonstrations on Monday by some women for visiting the victim's house 10 days after the crime and not hearing them, alleged that CPI(M) organised the agitation and had a dig at two TV channels for allegedly provoking them.
"They (CPI-M) have joined hands with the Maoists, who were present at Kamduni village that day to kill me. A murder plot has been hatched against me. But I don't fear. They want to exterminate me to pave way for their return to power, but that will not happen," she said. Most part of Banerjee's speech was confined to bashing the CPI(M), but Congress and BJP too came under her attack. "I would like to tell you that CPI(M), Maoists, Congress and BJP have all joined hands to conspire against my government," she said, calling for foiling all such designs.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling