CPM asks CM to reveal source of party funds
- Hyderabad: Body of Dalit student, who committed suicide, sent for autopsy amid protests
- 'Dawood of Tamil Nadu' says ready to return from Dubai for 'fair trial'
- Ink attack on Kejriwal sparks war of words, AAP calls it a BJP conspiracy
- 'Widespread' match-fixing allegations hit tennis, Grand Slam winners involved
- In fact: Why Nawaz won’t buck the Pak army on Pathankot
In the wake of allegations of extortion levelled against Trinamool Congress leaders by party MLA from Singur, the CPM on Wednesday hit out at Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for failing to reveal the source of her party fund.
"She (Mamata) says she sells paintings to collect money for her party. Does she think she is Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinci or Michaelangelo? Can she come out with a list of the paintings she has drawn and sold, along with the name of the buyers? Industrialists and corporate heads have been forced to buy those," said CPM leader Rabin Deb at party's rally in Sinthee in the outskirts of Kolkata.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who also addressed the rally, exhorted everyone to speak up against the "mindless policies of the state government" and accused Mamata of indulging into communalism.
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar
- Raja-Mandala: Re-imagining the Middle East
- My birth is my fatal accident
- Yes, Delhi, it worked
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy