CPM asks CM to reveal source of party funds
- VIDEO: What is the US govt going to do to stop hate crimes, asks wife of Indian killed in Kansas
- UP election 2017: PM talks about 'Kabristan' and 'Shamshan,' we talk about laptop and smartphone, says Akhilesh
- BMC elections: To checkmate BJP in Mumbai, Sena and Congress in talks
- Life lost in jail: Secret AP police report cleared 2005 Delhi blast accused but no one acted on it
- ‘Cheapest phone’ maker Mohit Goel is Class VIII fail: Cops
In the wake of allegations of extortion levelled against Trinamool Congress leaders by party MLA from Singur, the CPM on Wednesday hit out at Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for failing to reveal the source of her party fund.
"She (Mamata) says she sells paintings to collect money for her party. Does she think she is Picasso, Leonardo Da Vinci or Michaelangelo? Can she come out with a list of the paintings she has drawn and sold, along with the name of the buyers? Industrialists and corporate heads have been forced to buy those," said CPM leader Rabin Deb at party's rally in Sinthee in the outskirts of Kolkata.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who also addressed the rally, exhorted everyone to speak up against the "mindless policies of the state government" and accused Mamata of indulging into communalism.
- RBI’s obstinate refusal to cut policy rates is not based on economic logic
- As a Communist student activist, I was never attacked by ABVP members; that was another era
- States obsessed with borders may even implode, making their people refugees
- Maharashtra civic elections signal a deeper restructuring of political competition in the state
- Copyright law fixes royalties to singers; don’t blame music firms for non payment
- Once you start marching to tune of ‘Left Right, Left Right’, you’re mostly marching, not thinking critically