CPM, Cong to join hands to pin down govt in Assembly
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
The CPM and Congress are likely to coordinate with each other on floor strategy in the Assembly, which convenes for winter session on Friday. Both the parties are likely to take on the government over various issues, particlualry law and order and are expected to move resolutions in the House.
"From law and order to health and education, the Trinamool Congress government has failed abysmally,'' said Mohammad Sohrab, Leader of Congress Legislature Party (CLP), who will meet CPM's Abdur Rezzaq Mollah on Friday to discuss floor strategy. "We have a great opportunity to embarrass the government and we will make the most of it," said a Congress leader.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18