CPM procession attacked, Biman lashes out at TMC
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
Protesting against FDI among other issues, the CPM took out four processions from Ultadanga, Kanchrapara, Baranagar and Barasat on Saturday.
CPM state chief Biman Bose led the procession from Ultadanga which began at 2.10 pm. "The change which the people of Bengal had wanted, this is not it. It is time the ruling party gave some explanation to the voters, who have been cheated," he said, adding that the TMC had promised the people of Bengal the moon in their election manifesto. "Theoretically it looks very good but when it comes to ground reality, the TMC has failed miserably in the last one and a half years," he added.
The Kanchrapara procession was attacked allegedly by Trinamool supporters, injuring CPM leaders Nepal Deb Bhattacharya and Tarit Baran Topdar.
A huge police force has been deployed at the place but CPM leaders alleged police inaction. They said the police expressed helplessness. The injured had been taken to the hospital.