CPM protests TMC attack on Left rally
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The CPI(M) Monday organised rallies and processions all over the state to protest against the attack by the alleged Trinamool Congress workers on a Left Front rally in Dum Dum Sunday.
The party has called a Lalbazaar Chalo march on Tuesday from Subodh Mullick Square to urge the government to arrest those responsible for the attack, which left eight people, including two women, injured.
"Yesterday their target was Biman Bose and other senior leaders of the party. But they cannot gag us this way. We are going to take the matter up with Governor M K Narayanan," Rabin Deb, CPIM state secretariat member, said.
The Congress also slammed the TMC for the incident.
"They are following the path of the CPIM and will soon prove to be bigger monsters," Abdul Mannan, Congress spokesman, said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express