CPM to stage sit-in
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
After a CPM meeting on Monday morning, Left Front chairman Biman Bose told journalists that they supported leader of Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra's decision to hold a sit-in demonstration at the office of the South 24-Parganas SP at Alipore. Unlike Mishra, thought, Bose said the Left had not set any deadline for Arabul's arrest and that the Trinamool was tension-mongering.
"The democratic setup has been attacked. The ruling party is trying to put up a one-party rule," he said.
Mishra said the government was putting pressure on the hospital authorities to discharge Mollah so that the seriousness of the matter could be toned down. "This used to happen previously at government hospitals and now it is prevalent at private hospitals too," he said.