CR train services disrupted after 4 coaches derail
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Train services on the Central line were disrupted Saturday after four coaches of a local train derailed in the morning. Four coaches of a Panvel-Thane train were derailed between Airoli and Thane stations resulting in cancellation of 42 trains. Train services on the line were halted immediately. By evening, three coaches were placed back on the tracks, and the restoration work was on tilllate into the night. "Our first concern was to ensure passengers are not inconvenienced. Shuttle trains were made to ply on the line and we requested the Thane Municipal Corporation and the BEST to increase bus frequency on that route," Central Railway Public Relations Officer, Vidyadhar Malegaonkar said. He added an investigation into the incident has been initiated.