Crack ITBP unit guarding Ajmal Kasab bills govt Rs 27 cr
- Record Hindu swing in Assam, Cong in decline, states rising
- CBSE Class 12 result declared, Delhi girl tops board
- CBSE results: 83.05 per cent students passed, 2.38 per cent higher than 2015
- Coming to avenge Babri, Kashmir, Gujarat, Muzaffarnagar: ISIS video
- Asked about Trump, Tim Cook says diversity our basic value
The ITBP contingent guarding 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab at the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai will soon be "deinducted".
According to procedure, once the specified task given to a special squad of a central force comes to an end, the Union Home Ministry issues an order asking the force headquarters to "deinduct" the contingent.
"The squad designated to guard Kasab will be deinducted now," sources in the paramilitary said.
A 300-strong contingent of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) was deployed at the Mumbai prison soon after Kasab, who was hanged today in Pune, was lodged in a special cell in the jail.
The force was sent on the request of the state government to guard the high-profile inmate.
The ITBP squad that was deployed for securing Kasab was armed with the best weaponry like under barrel grenade launchers and high precision weapons and ammunition in order to ensure tight security of the jail complex where Kasab was lodged.
The ITBP, a border guarding force tasked to secure the Sino-Indian frontier, has been monitoring its squad 24x7 since Kasab was lodged there via its control room based here.
- Assembly polls prove voter is focused on development, not dynasty or caste math
- Comrade Sitaram Yechury’s historic blunder
- A weakened opposition is unlikely to force Mamata to improve governance
- Divided opposition and the perception against DMK helped Amma win Tamil Nadu
- Alys Faiz: A Life Of Poetry & Adventure
- Now, BJP will be on test for its nation-building capacity