Cramped Shatabdi timings lead to huge traffic snarls
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Timing of new shataBdi maybe pushed forward
Massive traffic snarls are being faced at the railway station with there being little time gap between the morning Kalka Shatabdi that arrives from Delhi and the newly introduced Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi that departs forDelhi. Traffic jams and lack of parking space are among the major problems.
The arrival time of Kalka Shatabdi is 11.05 am. While the new Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi departs from Chandigarh at 11.40 am.
The passengers in the morning Shatabdi have to disembark at platform number 2 instead of 1 as is the case with all other Shatabdi trains.
Traffic snarls were being experienced even during arrival and departure of one Shatabdi. Now with passengers being dropped at the station to board the train and those arriving being picked up around the same time the chaos has increased. The parking lot at the Railway Station fills up fast and entry of vehicles is thereafter not allowed. Vehicles are then parked along the roads which is prohibited.
The parking lot has a capacity of around 200 cars. Apart from cars, auto-rickshaws are also parked here.
One of the attendants at the parking lot said there was a need to increase the gap between the arrival and departure of Shatabdis. "The parking lot is packed in the morning and we have to refuse entry to vehicles. Chaos has been witnessed with the start of the new Shatabdi," he added.
Starting of an afternoon Shatabdi was a long pending demand of city residents and has received encouraging response with almost 60 percent occupancy since it started. However, passengers rue that they are now required to disembark at platform number 2 instead of 1.
The situation will be monitored for the next few days. In case the snarls continue, it is expected that the time of departure of the Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi might witness some change. The train would then depart around noon.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun