Creation of seven new districts, 22 talukas gets Cabinet nod
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
The state Cabinet, which met Wednesday under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, gave in-principle approval for creation of seven new districts and 22 new talukas. This was done as part of the state's decentralisation of administration for fast and efficient service, an official release said.
Accordingly, the district collectors and talukas officials have been directed to study and create appropriate facilities and infrastructure in the new districts and talukas.
The proposed seven new districts are Aravalli district from Sabarkantha district, Gir-Somnath district from Junagadh, Botad district from Bhavnagar and Ahmedabad, Chhota Udepur from Vadodara, Mahisagar from the Panchmahals and Kheda, Morbi from Rajkot, Surendranagar and Jamnagar and Dwarka from Jamnagar.
The newly created talukas are Gir-Gadhada from Una in Junagadh district, Junagadh City from Junagadh, Lakhni from Deesa, Deodar and Tharad, Dholera from Dhandhuka and Barvala, Subir and Vaghai from the Dangs, Jesar from Palitana among others, the press statement said.