Creation of seven new districts, 22 talukas gets Cabinet nod
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
The state Cabinet, which met Wednesday under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, gave in-principle approval for creation of seven new districts and 22 new talukas. This was done as part of the state's decentralisation of administration for fast and efficient service, an official release said.
Accordingly, the district collectors and talukas officials have been directed to study and create appropriate facilities and infrastructure in the new districts and talukas.
The proposed seven new districts are Aravalli district from Sabarkantha district, Gir-Somnath district from Junagadh, Botad district from Bhavnagar and Ahmedabad, Chhota Udepur from Vadodara, Mahisagar from the Panchmahals and Kheda, Morbi from Rajkot, Surendranagar and Jamnagar and Dwarka from Jamnagar.
The newly created talukas are Gir-Gadhada from Una in Junagadh district, Junagadh City from Junagadh, Lakhni from Deesa, Deodar and Tharad, Dholera from Dhandhuka and Barvala, Subir and Vaghai from the Dangs, Jesar from Palitana among others, the press statement said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi