Creation of seven new districts, 22 talukas gets Cabinet nod
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
The state Cabinet, which met Wednesday under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, gave in-principle approval for creation of seven new districts and 22 new talukas. This was done as part of the state's decentralisation of administration for fast and efficient service, an official release said.
Accordingly, the district collectors and talukas officials have been directed to study and create appropriate facilities and infrastructure in the new districts and talukas.
The proposed seven new districts are Aravalli district from Sabarkantha district, Gir-Somnath district from Junagadh, Botad district from Bhavnagar and Ahmedabad, Chhota Udepur from Vadodara, Mahisagar from the Panchmahals and Kheda, Morbi from Rajkot, Surendranagar and Jamnagar and Dwarka from Jamnagar.
The newly created talukas are Gir-Gadhada from Una in Junagadh district, Junagadh City from Junagadh, Lakhni from Deesa, Deodar and Tharad, Dholera from Dhandhuka and Barvala, Subir and Vaghai from the Dangs, Jesar from Palitana among others, the press statement said.