Credible action needed to meet economic challenges: PM
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Seeking cooperation of all sections ahead of Parliament session, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said "credible action" is needed from all to ensure that the country is least affected by the "formidable challenges" posed by the global economic slowdown.
Singh said Parliament was meeting against the backdrop of
global slowdown of economic activity which has also affected
"It is now a challenge for all of us to take credible action to ensure that we are least affected by this global
slowdown," he told reporters ahead of the start of the Budget Session.
"In this context, the way we conduct the financial business now before Parliament will be a crucial determinant of our country's ability to cope with the formidable challenges our country faces," Singh said.
The Prime Minister said he looked forward to cooperation
of all sections of the House. His remarks came against the
backdrop of Opposition parties preparing to target the
government on chopper scam, price rise, crimes against women and a host of other issues.
"On our part, we wish to engage constructively,
productively with all sections of the House in the expectation
that there would be responsible dialogue, debate among members of Parliament," he said.
"We are looking forward for a very productive,
constructive session of Parliament. That is what our country's people expect Parliament to do," Singh said.