Cremation site of Bal Thackeray similar to Ayodhya: Sanjay Raut
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Shiv Sena today said the place where Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's last rites were conducted was similar to Ayodhya.
"The place where Balasaheb's last rites were conducted at the Shivaji Park is similar to Ayodhya. The sanctity of the place should be maintained. It is like a temple for us and we won't remove the structure that has come up at the cremation site," said Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena spokesperson.
He also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue. "The government and court should not come in between," he added.
"Its sanctity is similar to Ayodhya. We are not calling it a memorial. But we want the memorial at the Shivaji Park," Raut said.
Senior party leader Manohar Joshi first made the demand for the memorial of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park, soon after Thackeray was cremated.
The Sena patriarch died on 17th of this month at his 'Matoshree' residence.