Cremation site of Bal Thackeray similar to Ayodhya: Sanjay Raut
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Shiv Sena today said the place where Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's last rites were conducted was similar to Ayodhya.
"The place where Balasaheb's last rites were conducted at the Shivaji Park is similar to Ayodhya. The sanctity of the place should be maintained. It is like a temple for us and we won't remove the structure that has come up at the cremation site," said Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena spokesperson.
He also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue. "The government and court should not come in between," he added.
"Its sanctity is similar to Ayodhya. We are not calling it a memorial. But we want the memorial at the Shivaji Park," Raut said.
Senior party leader Manohar Joshi first made the demand for the memorial of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park, soon after Thackeray was cremated.
The Sena patriarch died on 17th of this month at his 'Matoshree' residence.
- MU issues showcause notice to S K Somaiya College
- Denied nod to sit with her special child in classroom, mother moves MSCPCR
- Judgment day today for couple caught on wrong side of new rape law
- Man accused of murder dies in custody, kin allege torture
- 2 BJP workers injured in firing
- 322 polling stations in Mumbai, suburbs ‘critical’