Cremation site of Bal Thackeray similar to Ayodhya: Sanjay Raut
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Shiv Sena today said the place where Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's last rites were conducted was similar to Ayodhya.
"The place where Balasaheb's last rites were conducted at the Shivaji Park is similar to Ayodhya. The sanctity of the place should be maintained. It is like a temple for us and we won't remove the structure that has come up at the cremation site," said Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena spokesperson.
He also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue. "The government and court should not come in between," he added.
"Its sanctity is similar to Ayodhya. We are not calling it a memorial. But we want the memorial at the Shivaji Park," Raut said.
Senior party leader Manohar Joshi first made the demand for the memorial of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park, soon after Thackeray was cremated.
The Sena patriarch died on 17th of this month at his 'Matoshree' residence.