Cricket bat manufacturer BDM's Sudhir Mahajan kidnapped
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The director of a cricket bat manufacturing firm has been kidnapped from here, police said on Wednesday.
55-year-old Sudhir Mahajan, the director of BDM company, was kidnapped last night when he was returning to his residence in his car from his factory located on Delhi road.
The car driven by his driver Ravinder was stopped by the armed abductors near the Ganganagar police post and Mahajan along with his driver was kidnapped, police said.
Shortly afterwards, the kidnappers made a ransom call from Mahajan's mobile to the family demanding Rs 2 crores.
Mahajan's car was found abandoned in Mawana area.
S P (rural) R P Pandey said they have found some clues and are hopeful of recovering the trader soon.
Traders in the city have expressed concern over the kidnapping and warned of protests if Mahajan was not recovered safely.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express