Cricket bat manufacturer BDM's Sudhir Mahajan kidnapped
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
The director of a cricket bat manufacturing firm has been kidnapped from here, police said on Wednesday.
55-year-old Sudhir Mahajan, the director of BDM company, was kidnapped last night when he was returning to his residence in his car from his factory located on Delhi road.
The car driven by his driver Ravinder was stopped by the armed abductors near the Ganganagar police post and Mahajan along with his driver was kidnapped, police said.
Shortly afterwards, the kidnappers made a ransom call from Mahajan's mobile to the family demanding Rs 2 crores.
Mahajan's car was found abandoned in Mawana area.
S P (rural) R P Pandey said they have found some clues and are hopeful of recovering the trader soon.
Traders in the city have expressed concern over the kidnapping and warned of protests if Mahajan was not recovered safely.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer