Cricket on her mind
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
After spreading the fitness word, actress Bipasha Basu will now be seen endorsing cricket. The actress has been chose to be the brand ambassador of Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) in its third season, and is quite excited about it. "I have always been very interested in fitness and sports. And Celebrity Cricket League is a superb concept, where celebrities who are passionate about the sport get to play it too. I can't wait for the season to begin and will be attending as many matches as possible," she said. The tournament will be telecast across eight channels of Star network from 9th February 2013 to 10th March 2013.
Gangs of Wasseypur West
Noted Indian director Anurag Kashyap, whose film has been selected to be screened at the 2013 edition of the prestigious Sundance film festival, will also part take in the festival as the Jury member for the World Cinema Dramatic section. Scheduled to be held from the 17th January 2013 to 27th of January 2013 in Utah, Kashyap will also present his film Gangs of Wasseypur (GoW) in the Spotlight section of the festival. "It's an honour to be on the jury and also show our film in the Spotlight section. I am looking forward to it and preparing for the cold weather there." Film GoW was also honoured at the Asia-Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) in Brisbane and Asia-Pacific Film Festival (APFF) in Macau, held recently. It won the Screen International Jury Grand Prize for Best Direction (Anurag Kashyap) at the APSA in addition to a nomination for the Best Actor (Manoj Bajpayee).
Tour de Nadiadwala
Film-maker Sajid Nadiadwala becomes the first Bollywood producer to have a travel itinerary in Italy in his name after shooting various films there.The Italian territory of Puglia Official's Tourist Board 'Pugliapromozione' together with Apulia Film Commission has decided to dedicate a travel itinerary through the Puglia territory to Nadiadwala. "Thanks to the production that Sajid Nadiadwala brought down in my region we have been seen by thousands of Indian people who will possibly come to travel in this part of the Mediterranean Sea," says Alfredo De Liguori, Marketing Manager of the Puglia Official Tourist Board 'Pugliapromozione'.The 'Sajid Nadiadwala Housefull Itinerary in Puglia' starts in the north of Puglia in the beautiful headland of Gargano to end in the sensational sea scenario of Salento in the south going through the green land of Trulli in the centre of the region.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP