Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola's ex-wife found dead
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola's former wife Parineeta, 46, allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Geeta Society, Salisbury Park, in Pune on Sunday. Police said her family members found her body hanging from the ceiling fan of her room around 8 pm.
The Swargate police are investigating the case. They have sent the body to Sassoon hospital for postmortem.
Officers said Parineeta got divorce from Ankola in 2011 and had been since staying with her parents in Pune. The police said a suicide note was found from the spot, which said she was "fed up of the problems in her life".
Senior police inspector Ram Pathare said: "Prima facie it appears she was disturbed due to some problems. She was staying with her parents, but we suspect she committed suicide when she was alone at home. When the family members returned around 8 pm, they found her body hanging. Further investigation is on."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express