No respite for Delhi women, now girl stabbed to death in East Delhi, man says she turned him down
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
A young woman working with a BPO was stabbed to death, allegedly by a man who was furious that she had not responded to his feelings for her. The assailant also attacked her male friend.
The incident occurred around 5 pm at the Dallupura timber market in New Ashok Nagar of east Delhi. Police said Neha Yadav (20) was returning home with her colleague Gaurav (24) who is the team leader at the same call centre in Noida.
Gaurav told police he was returning with Neha after shopping at the Cross River mall in Anand Vihar. Devender, who works as a driver, had apparently been following them since morning.
In his statement to police, Gaurav said that when they reached Dallupura in their Alto car, Devender blocked their way with his motorcycle and signalled them to stop.
" He hit Gaurav on the face with his helmet. Spotting a policeman, Gaurav ran to him for help. It was then that Devender stabbed Neha twice in the stomach. He tried to flee on his motorcycle but was caught by the policeman who had reached the spot with Gaurav," a police officer said.
Constable Surender and Gaurav chased Devender for nearly 200 metres before arresting him. Taken to the LBS hospital, Neha was declared brought dead. Doctors at the hospital said that Gaurav had received an eight-inch cut on his face.
Police also said they had recovered a knife used in the attack on Neha.
According to an officer, Devender lived a few blocks away from Neha's house in Rajbir Colony in Mayur Vihar Phase III. Neha had joined the BPO earlier this year. She had been reporting to Gaurav as he was the team leader.
Police claimed Devender told them that Neha did not reciprocate his feelings for her. He was also furious that she had been spending time with Gaurav, police said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi