Crime file: Cops look for man who switched ATM card, stole Rs 8 lakh
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
By that time, over Rs 8 lakh — Dutt's lifetime savings — had been withdrawn. "I immediately reported the matter to police. But nothing has happened so far. I vividly remember he was fair, with sharp features and coloured brown hair. Whatever I had saved for the education and marriage of my daughters is gone," Dutt said.
"The police have given me footage from various ATMs in Delhi, Hisar, Karnal and other cities from where the money was withdrawn using my card. However, it is unclear and the face is completely unrecognisable," he said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North West), P Karunakaran said a man was arrested a month ago for his involvement in five such cases. "I am not sure if Dutt's case is also among those we solved. But the arrested man had stolen people's money and cheated them in exactly the same manner."