Criminal murdered, 1 arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A 35-year-old man with a criminal record was allegedly murdered on Friday following a dispute over expenditure of money by a mandal in Dhanakawadi during Ganesh festival two years ago. Sahakarnagar police have made an arrest in this connection.
Police have identified the deceased as Santosh Somnath Kamble, a resident of Shankar Manth Vasahat in Dhankawadi. Senior inspector Kamalakar Takawale of Sahakarnagar police station said, "The deceased was the head of the Ganesh mandal two years ago and there were disputes within the members of the mandal over expenditure of money collected from the people."
Police have arrested Deepak Laxman Kamble who at present heads the mandal and have identified three more suspects. Takawale said, "We have come to know that recently these mandal members had fought over expenditure. On Friday night they attacked Santosh with sharp weapons." Police said Santosh had seven offences including those of murder, rape, rioting registered against him at various police stations.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized