Criminal murdered, 1 arrested
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A 35-year-old man with a criminal record was allegedly murdered on Friday following a dispute over expenditure of money by a mandal in Dhanakawadi during Ganesh festival two years ago. Sahakarnagar police have made an arrest in this connection.
Police have identified the deceased as Santosh Somnath Kamble, a resident of Shankar Manth Vasahat in Dhankawadi. Senior inspector Kamalakar Takawale of Sahakarnagar police station said, "The deceased was the head of the Ganesh mandal two years ago and there were disputes within the members of the mandal over expenditure of money collected from the people."
Police have arrested Deepak Laxman Kamble who at present heads the mandal and have identified three more suspects. Takawale said, "We have come to know that recently these mandal members had fought over expenditure. On Friday night they attacked Santosh with sharp weapons." Police said Santosh had seven offences including those of murder, rape, rioting registered against him at various police stations.