'Criticising M S Dhoni is like questioning Sachin Tendulkar's ability'
- Pakistan Rangers delegation arrives in India, DG-level talks on border today
- BJP vs Sena in Mumbai; Uddhav says will ensure there is no ban on meat
- Five-phase Bihar polls from Oct 12, counting on Nov 8
- What are Gold Bond and Gold Monetisation schemes?
- Govt drops plans for special Parliament session on GST bill
"He was dedication personified. If I told him to make 10 laps, he would complete it at any cost. But at the same time, he's very down to earth and courteous, which is the hallmark of a leader.
"I used to go to his school Jawahar Vidya Mandir. When I saw him first in 1995, he was a football goalkeeper and I asked him whether he would like to play cricket and do wicket-keeping," he said.
"He batted at No 9 in the first match and did a good job behind the stumps and never looked back," Bhattacharya signed off.