Critics award: 'Gaddama' adjudged best film
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
'Gaddama', directed by Kamal was selected the best Malayalam film of the year 2010 by the State Film Critics Association.
Kamal was adjudged the best director, while Kavya Madhavan bagged the best actress award for her performance in 'Gaddama'.
Mammootty was named the best actor for his performance in 'Pranchiyettan and the Saint'.
'Makaramanju' directed by Lenin Rajendran was selected as the second best film.
Biju Menon and Samvritha Sunil were adjudged the second best actors for their roles in various films. Ranjith won the award for best script for his work in 'Pranchiyettan and the Saint' which he himself directed.
'Janakan' and 'Shikar' shared the award for best popular film.
Veteran director K S Sethumadhavan was selected for 'Chalachithra Rathnam' award, while Jagannatha Varma, Santhakumari and Bichu Thirumala were chosen for 'Chalachithra Prathibha' honours of the Association.
Other awardees are: Vinod Mankara (Best Debut Director (Karayilekku Oru Kadal Dooram), Mohan Raghavan (Story - T D Dasan Std VI B), Kaithapram (Lyrics - Holidays, Neelambari), M Jayachandran (Music Direction - Karayilekku Oru Kadal Dooram), Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal (Playback -- Holidays, Agathan), Madhu Ambat (Cinematography -- Gramam), Gokul Das (Art Direction) and Salim Kumar (Special Jury Award).
The awards, sponsored by the Atlas Group, were announced by Group chairman M M Ramachandran and Thekkinkad Joseph, President, Film Critics Association.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express