Crossing platforms to get easy, more escalators on city rly stations
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
At Old Delhi Station, one escalator will be installed at the main entrance and another on Platform 16 (the second entrance to the station). At present, the station has only one escalator.
At Hazrat Nizammudin, escalators will be installed at the Comesum restaurant side and Platform 1, leading to Sarai Kale Khan.
Officials said the installation of the escalators will be completed by June 2013.
"The plan for the installation has been approved. More locations are also being finalised for additional escalators," Rai said.