Crossing platforms to get easy, more escalators on city rly stations
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
At Old Delhi Station, one escalator will be installed at the main entrance and another on Platform 16 (the second entrance to the station). At present, the station has only one escalator.
At Hazrat Nizammudin, escalators will be installed at the Comesum restaurant side and Platform 1, leading to Sarai Kale Khan.
Officials said the installation of the escalators will be completed by June 2013.
"The plan for the installation has been approved. More locations are also being finalised for additional escalators," Rai said.