Crossing platforms to get easy, more escalators on city rly stations
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
At Old Delhi Station, one escalator will be installed at the main entrance and another on Platform 16 (the second entrance to the station). At present, the station has only one escalator.
At Hazrat Nizammudin, escalators will be installed at the Comesum restaurant side and Platform 1, leading to Sarai Kale Khan.
Officials said the installation of the escalators will be completed by June 2013.
"The plan for the installation has been approved. More locations are also being finalised for additional escalators," Rai said.