CRPF cop shoots self in Ayodhya
A CRPF head constable deployed at the Ram Janmabhoomi premises in Ayodhya committed suicide by shooting himself with his service AK-47 rifle during duty hours on Tuesday evening.
The motive behind the CRPF man taking the step could not be established.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said that N Rajgopalan (50), a head constable with 63 battalion of CRPF headquartered at Amethi and belonging to Alleppey district of Kerala, shot himself under the chin around 8.30 pm. He died on the spot.
The SSP said that Rajgopalan was deployed at RJB for the past few years.
He also said that CRPF officials, including the commandant and Rajgopalan's colleagues, could not give any reason behind his action. No suicide note was found on him.
- Several city college principals want junior colleges separated
- Pune rural police set up cell to coordinate poll preparedness
- Four chain-snatching incidents reported in city
- Maoists distance from Nachika, call his surrender plan ‘drama’
- NLC worker killed in firing by CISF man
- ‘Absconding mastermind of Bangalore BJP office bomb blast trained in Afghanistan’