CRPF cop shoots self in Ayodhya
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A CRPF head constable deployed at the Ram Janmabhoomi premises in Ayodhya committed suicide by shooting himself with his service AK-47 rifle during duty hours on Tuesday evening.
The motive behind the CRPF man taking the step could not be established.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said that N Rajgopalan (50), a head constable with 63 battalion of CRPF headquartered at Amethi and belonging to Alleppey district of Kerala, shot himself under the chin around 8.30 pm. He died on the spot.
The SSP said that Rajgopalan was deployed at RJB for the past few years.
He also said that CRPF officials, including the commandant and Rajgopalan's colleagues, could not give any reason behind his action. No suicide note was found on him.