CRPF cop shoots self in Ayodhya
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A CRPF head constable deployed at the Ram Janmabhoomi premises in Ayodhya committed suicide by shooting himself with his service AK-47 rifle during duty hours on Tuesday evening.
The motive behind the CRPF man taking the step could not be established.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said that N Rajgopalan (50), a head constable with 63 battalion of CRPF headquartered at Amethi and belonging to Alleppey district of Kerala, shot himself under the chin around 8.30 pm. He died on the spot.
The SSP said that Rajgopalan was deployed at RJB for the past few years.
He also said that CRPF officials, including the commandant and Rajgopalan's colleagues, could not give any reason behind his action. No suicide note was found on him.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™