CRPF cop shoots self in Ayodhya
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
A CRPF head constable deployed at the Ram Janmabhoomi premises in Ayodhya committed suicide by shooting himself with his service AK-47 rifle during duty hours on Tuesday evening.
The motive behind the CRPF man taking the step could not be established.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said that N Rajgopalan (50), a head constable with 63 battalion of CRPF headquartered at Amethi and belonging to Alleppey district of Kerala, shot himself under the chin around 8.30 pm. He died on the spot.
The SSP said that Rajgopalan was deployed at RJB for the past few years.
He also said that CRPF officials, including the commandant and Rajgopalan's colleagues, could not give any reason behind his action. No suicide note was found on him.