CRPF cop shoots self in Ayodhya
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
A CRPF head constable deployed at the Ram Janmabhoomi premises in Ayodhya committed suicide by shooting himself with his service AK-47 rifle during duty hours on Tuesday evening.
The motive behind the CRPF man taking the step could not be established.
Faizabad SSP Dharmendra Singh said that N Rajgopalan (50), a head constable with 63 battalion of CRPF headquartered at Amethi and belonging to Alleppey district of Kerala, shot himself under the chin around 8.30 pm. He died on the spot.
The SSP said that Rajgopalan was deployed at RJB for the past few years.
He also said that CRPF officials, including the commandant and Rajgopalan's colleagues, could not give any reason behind his action. No suicide note was found on him.