CRPF jawan shot dead his 4 colleagues
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Four CRPF jawans were killed and one was injured after their colleague opened fire at them in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
The shooting occurred last night at the camp of 111 CRPF Battalion when a jawan Deep Kumar Tiwari opened fire on the jawans who were sleeping, Dantewada SP Narendra Khare said.
While three jawans died on the spot, one died while being taken to hospital, Khare said, adding that the injured has been referred to a Jagdalpur hospital.
While the exact cause is being ascertained Khare said the accused was suffering from some "psychological problems".
A senior CRPF official said Tiwari, who opened fire, belongs to Lucknow. His preliminary interrogation indicated that he had been going through some mental problem, he said.
A Court of Inquiry (CoI) will be ordered into the incident, the official said.
Those killed have been identified as Head Constable Chandan Singh, a resident of Sabarkantha (Gujarat), Constable Ramesh Kumar from Bhiwani (Haryana), Constable Aniruddh Kumar from Gorakhpur (UP) and Constable P L Sahoo from Raipur.
The injured trooper is Sawant Sunil, a resident Satara in Maharashtra.