CRPF man cremated near Allahabad
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
CRPF constable Babulal Patel, in whose body Maoists surgically inserted an IED after the recent Latehar encounter, was cremated in his village Malak Balau in Allahabad Friday evening.
A large crowd, including people from adjoining villages, gathered for the last rites at the Malak Balau.
The body was brought to Allahabad by CRPF officials by air and then taken to his house by road, reaching Malak Balau in the afternoon.
Patel (29) is survived by his father Munni Lal, mother Jagpati Devi and wife Rekha, who is pregnant. The two got married nine months ago. One of his brothers-in-law, Ram Karan, said Patel had last visited home in December.
Forces trying to come to India as businessmen to divide us: Sibal
There are forces which are trying to come to India as businessmen "to divide us", Union Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal said here Friday. Launching a stamp in memory of freedom fighter Shaikhul Hind, he said: "If we talk about history, businessmen have come here to do business but went after ruling us... Even today such businessmen are trying to come to India... there are forces which are trying to come here as businessmen and to divide us," he added.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’