CRPF overall winners in Police Games
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
With dominating performances in each sport it entered, paramilitary force, CRPF emerged as the overall champion in the 61st All India Police Games. CRPF topped the tally with 82 medals, including 26 golds at the event which concluded on Tuesday.
The CRPF were followed by Haryana police, who had 16 gold medals and Punjab police were third with nine gold medals.
Mayank Srivastava of the CRPF was adjudged the 'best all rounder' at the meet which included competitions like wrestling, weightlifting, judo, gymnastics and boxing championships. The meet was ceremonially brought to close by Union Minister of State for Home Affairs M Ramachandran.
The sportsmen of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) lapped up the first position in the maximum events including wrestling (men-greco roman and free style) and Judo (women)where the personnel of the force defeated the nearest rival SSB by 33 points.
The five-day long championship was attended by about 1600 sportspersons from 23 state police forces and central police forces like CRPF, CISF, SSB, ITBP and BSF.
During the event, CRPF chief Pranay Sahay said he would request the Union Home Ministry to grant required relaxations in ensuring recruitment of talented sportspersons in the central forces.