Cuddles and compliments top things that make women happy
- Chennai floods: Death toll crosses 260, Army rescues 5000 people
- Live: Rescue, relief in full swing as Chennai battles floods
- Delhi Assembly passes bill to effect 400% hike in MLA salary
- India playing major role in destroying climate: Maneka Gandhi
- 3 militants killed as Army foils major infiltration bid in JK
Forget diamonds - a spontaneous cuddle or a compliment is the best way to make the woman in your life happy!
Cuddles and compliments top the list of 50 things that make a woman feel good, a new study has found.
However, splashing out on a lady may also give her happiness as being bought flowers and presents are some material things that they enjoy.
Women also get a buzz from treating themselves to a shopping bargain, or new perfume and lingerie, the 'Daily Mail' reported.
The study found eating cheese, buying a new nail varnish, or having clean teeth also put girls in a good frame of mind.
Having time for a jolly good chat with their friends and unexpectedly fitting into a dress women thought was too small also makes them smile.
The top of the list includes compliments about what women are wearing or how young they look.
"With the average female stating she feels good in what she is wearing for just three days a week perhaps a few more surprise compliments, alongside tucking into a good Camembert and a good book could brighten the winter months no end," a spokesman for Sainsbury's, which commissioned the "feel-good factor" poll of 2,000, said.
The study findings included some interesting revelations about the things that really make women tick.
A bubble bath at home was rated more highly than a proper spa day, while reading a book beat watching a soap opera.
And women do not just enjoy being the centre of attention, praise for the children at school or on the playing field makes them happier than praise for their own work.
Surprisingly, eating cheese is more pleasurable for women than socialising with friends, having a manicure or going on a first date, the report said.
- BJP setback in local polls may point to a growth model that does not create jobs
- The International Film Festival of India appears to be losing its raison d’être
- The myth of Intolerant India
- India’s secularism is indigenous, powerful than similar commitments by older democracies
- The real outrage
- Delhi Jan Lokpal bill: Kejriwal has turned ombudsman into a joke