Digvijay Singh slams MP govt over 8-yr-old's body found near minister's residence
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Slamming the BJP government for deteriorating law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said it was "disgusting" that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near the residence of state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"It is disgusting that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near Mr Gupta's residence," Singh said on Tuesday.
The mutilated body of an eight-year-old girl was recovered from the busy T T Nagar area, located close to Gupta's residence, here yesterday.
The girl had gone missing on Sunday evening after she went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela, following which her parents lodged a missing person's report with the local police.
The body was found near debris of dismantled houses in the north T T Nagar area.
Digvijay said the incident was an example of the manner in which the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has always been making tall claims about controlling the law and order situation in the state, he alleged.
"This incident alone shows the hollowness of the claims made by the BJP," Singh said.
Singh also expressed concern over the fact that the culprit was not arrested so far.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18