Cummins opens new plant in Phaltan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Engines and gen-set manufacturer Cummins on Tuesday inaugurated a new plant to make high horsepower engines at its mega site in Phaltan. This is the seventh factory to open at the mega site and company's largest high horsepower manufacturing unit in the world.
The plant will manufacture QSK 23 Tier I and II engines and produce 3,000 units a year initially. However, if demand grows, the plant would be expanded to increase production with minimal
In future, the plant will also manufacture QSK 23 Tier IV and QSK 60 engines that will comply with the 2015 emission norms. This entire range caters to the power generation, mining, industrial, construction, and oil and gas sectors, in the domestic and global markets.
"The mega site was conceived six years ago to house the ongoing and future expansions of the Cummins Group in India," said Anant J Talaulicar, Managing Director, Cummins Group, India.
The state-of-the-art lean manufacturing facility spans across 39.5 acres. Keeping with the green building practices, operations at the plant have replaced the conventional hydro dynamometer technology with eco-friendly AC dynamometer technology.
This technology helps reduce water consumption and prevents energy loss while testing engines.