Cummins opens new plant in Phaltan
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling stopped at a booth in Bihar after officials recover cane bomb
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
Engines and gen-set manufacturer Cummins on Tuesday inaugurated a new plant to make high horsepower engines at its mega site in Phaltan. This is the seventh factory to open at the mega site and company's largest high horsepower manufacturing unit in the world.
The plant will manufacture QSK 23 Tier I and II engines and produce 3,000 units a year initially. However, if demand grows, the plant would be expanded to increase production with minimal
In future, the plant will also manufacture QSK 23 Tier IV and QSK 60 engines that will comply with the 2015 emission norms. This entire range caters to the power generation, mining, industrial, construction, and oil and gas sectors, in the domestic and global markets.
"The mega site was conceived six years ago to house the ongoing and future expansions of the Cummins Group in India," said Anant J Talaulicar, Managing Director, Cummins Group, India.
The state-of-the-art lean manufacturing facility spans across 39.5 acres. Keeping with the green building practices, operations at the plant have replaced the conventional hydro dynamometer technology with eco-friendly AC dynamometer technology.
This technology helps reduce water consumption and prevents energy loss while testing engines.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi