Curfew continues in Dhule for the fifth day
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Curfew in parts of this strife-torn north Maharashtra town following Sunday's violent clashes between two communities and police firing continued for the fifth day today.
"The curfew imposed in Machhi Bazaar and Madhavpura areas is likely to be relaxed at 4 PM after a review of the situation," a police officer said.
Five persons had been killed in the clashes over a trivial matter and the subsequent police firing.
Meanwhile, a Shiv Sena delegation of 14 MLAs led by Diwakar Raote has arrived here to take stock of the situation, Dhule district party president Atul Sonawane said.
According to government sources, 19 police officers and 102 policemen had been wounded in the violence, which was allegedly triggered by a tiff over payment of hotel bills.
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Javed Ahmed is camping here and would submit a report to the government on the entire episode.