Curfew relaxed for 3 hrs in Asind, Gulabpura towns
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
District administration today relaxed curfew for three hours in Asind and Gulabpura towns where communal tension broke out yesterday.
"The curfew was relaxed from 7 am to 10 am today and the situation is under control," an official said.
The tension broke out when members of two communities clashed yesterday before the procession of Barawafat. Over a dozen shops were set ablaze and 12 people were injured in stone pelting.
Police have detained 51 people in both the towns and separate cases were registered against the mob.