Curfew relaxed for 3 hrs in Asind, Gulabpura towns
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
District administration today relaxed curfew for three hours in Asind and Gulabpura towns where communal tension broke out yesterday.
"The curfew was relaxed from 7 am to 10 am today and the situation is under control," an official said.
The tension broke out when members of two communities clashed yesterday before the procession of Barawafat. Over a dozen shops were set ablaze and 12 people were injured in stone pelting.
Police have detained 51 people in both the towns and separate cases were registered against the mob.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign