Curfew relaxed for six hours in Kokrajhar
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Curfew was relaxed for six hours in Kokrajhar district on Sunday with no incident reported from anywhere since Saturday night and the situation remaining under control.
Official sources said curfew was relaxed from 10 am to 4 pm barring in nine villages ó five in Kokrajhar sub-division and four in Gossaigaon sub-division identified as vulnerable. The situation was tense in the nine villages, sources said.
The Army continued to stage a flag march in Kokrajhar. More than 65 persons have been taken into custody in connection with outbreak of fresh violence since November 10 which has claimed 10 lives so far in Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD).
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation