Curvy women are super-sexualised: Scarlett Johansson
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson says her 'bombshell' persona is a result of the way curvy women are portrayed.
The 28-year-old actress, who stars as Janet Leigh in upcoming biopic "Hitchcock", appeared in a photo shoot for Elle UK's February issue and talked about how her figure has earned her a reputation, reported Digital Spy online.
"I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super-sexualised," she said.
Johansson said despite her age, her shape earned her comments in the media from the outset of her career.
"I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I've always been curvy. It runs in the family. Throw on an evening frock and it's like all of a sudden you have curves and everyone is like, 'Bombshell'," she added.
"Instantly it was 'The new Marilyn'."