Customs destroy seized narcotics worth Rs 29 lakh
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Officials of Pune Customs Commissionerate Wednesday destroyed narcotics substances including 1,349 kg ganja and 4 kg charas worth Rs 29 lakh at the furnace of Bharat Forge company in Mundhwa.
The substances were seized in 11 cases in 2009 and 2010, in which 27 persons were arrested by the Customs department. The seized narcotics were destroyed following orders from the sessions court in Pune.
A narcotics drugs disposal panel was constituted by the Commissioner of Customs, Pune for undertaking the above mentioned narcotics drugs. Panel headed by Additional Commissioner of Customs (preventive) Gopi Nath and comprised 3 members including deputy commissioners Badari Prasad M V and Govind Chavan and assistant commissioner K S Pandit.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it