Customs seize gold worth over Rs 62 lakh at Mumbai airport
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Cong gave birth to child but killed the mother, says Modi on Telangana
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Customs sleuths Saturday detected five cases of smuggling at the international airport here and seized 2.5 kilograms of gold valued at around Rs 62.58 lakh.
In the first case, officials of the Air Intelligence Unit stopped a passenger Mirza Yasir Hussain and his search led to the recovery of 812 grams of gold concealed in belt buckles and a chain of ladies purses. "One of the chains was worn by him..All the chains were coated with paint to avoid detection", said a customs official. In the second case, a passenger Mohammed Ahmed had concealed five gold bars weighing 580 grams worth Rs 15 lakh, in his rectum. In other cases, 10 bars were seized from passengers.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready