CWG scam: CVC to speed up probe, complete it by year-end
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The Central Vigilance Commission has decided to speed up and complete its probe by December-end into alleged irregularities in the multi crore Commonwealth Games-related works.
Sources said that the decision in this regard was taken recently and a directive has been issued to a Special Cell of the Commission entrusted exclusively with the Games-related probe.
This follows complaints by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of non-cooperation from certain departments. "The Commission will complete its investigations by this year-end," a senior CVC official said.
He said the probity watchdog has decided to convene regular review meeting with CBI and other agencies to closely monitor the progress in the probe.
Sources said that Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar has expressed unhappiness over the slow progress on CWG related probe and asked his officials to fast track it.
The Special Cell was formed early this year after a sudden surge in corruption complaints against government officials in executing the projects related to the mega sporting event held here between October 3-14, 2010.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer