CWG scam: CVC to speed up probe, complete it by year-end
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Central Vigilance Commission has decided to speed up and complete its probe by December-end into alleged irregularities in the multi crore Commonwealth Games-related works.
Sources said that the decision in this regard was taken recently and a directive has been issued to a Special Cell of the Commission entrusted exclusively with the Games-related probe.
This follows complaints by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of non-cooperation from certain departments. "The Commission will complete its investigations by this year-end," a senior CVC official said.
He said the probity watchdog has decided to convene regular review meeting with CBI and other agencies to closely monitor the progress in the probe.
Sources said that Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar has expressed unhappiness over the slow progress on CWG related probe and asked his officials to fast track it.
The Special Cell was formed early this year after a sudden surge in corruption complaints against government officials in executing the projects related to the mega sporting event held here between October 3-14, 2010.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun