Cyber fraudsters dupe man of Rs 5 lakh
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Cyber fraudsters have duped a Pune-based private company employee of Rs 5.05 lakh on the false assurance of giving him a well-paid job in foreign country. The victim, Dhanraj Jyotiram Sawant (48), a resident of Anupam Complex in Kothrud, lodged a complaint at the Kothrud police station.
Police have booked unknown person under Section 419, 420, 471, 34 of the Indian Penal Code and other sections of Information Technology Act.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape