Cyber fraudsters dupe man of Rs 5 lakh
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Cyber fraudsters have duped a Pune-based private company employee of Rs 5.05 lakh on the false assurance of giving him a well-paid job in foreign country. The victim, Dhanraj Jyotiram Sawant (48), a resident of Anupam Complex in Kothrud, lodged a complaint at the Kothrud police station.
Police have booked unknown person under Section 419, 420, 471, 34 of the Indian Penal Code and other sections of Information Technology Act.
Police said fraudsters contacted Sawant through email and offered him a job at Petronas Malaysia and Maruti Suzuki in July this year. Inspector Shrikant Nawale who is investigating the case said fraudsters demanded money from the complainant for providing him job.