Cyber fraudsters dupe man of Rs 5 lakh
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Cyber fraudsters have duped a Pune-based private company employee of Rs 5.05 lakh on the false assurance of giving him a well-paid job in foreign country. The victim, Dhanraj Jyotiram Sawant (48), a resident of Anupam Complex in Kothrud, lodged a complaint at the Kothrud police station.
Police have booked unknown person under Section 419, 420, 471, 34 of the Indian Penal Code and other sections of Information Technology Act.
Police said fraudsters contacted Sawant through email and offered him a job at Petronas Malaysia and Maruti Suzuki in July this year. Inspector Shrikant Nawale who is investigating the case said fraudsters demanded money from the complainant for providing him job.