Cyclist hit by bus of Haryana Roadways
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A man, Rang Bahadur, resident of Ram Vihar, Baltana (Punjab) was hit by a Haryana Roadways bus when he was riding his cycle near ISBT Chowk in Chandigarh. Bahadur was injured and admitted to PGIMER. A case under Section 279,337 IPC has been registered
Man booked under Arms Act
Chandigarh: The Crime Branch of Chandigarh Police arrested Kulwinder Singh, a residence of Village-Timberpur near the petrol pump in Sector 21, Chandigarh on January 4 and recovered one pistol and two live cartridges from his possession. A case under Section 25-54-59 of the Arms Act has been registered.
Man held for stealing cylinder
Chandigarh: Bimla, a resident of Dhanas Milk Colony, Chandigarh reported that some one stole a gas cylinder and one mobile phone from her house on the night intervening January 3-4. A man, Atul, a resident of the same colony, has been arrested.
Elderly man dies in road accident
Chandigarh: A 60-year-old resident of Mohali was killed on Saturday afternoon after he was knocked down by a car near Sector 43. According to police officials, Faqir Singh was crossing the road when he was hit by a Santro car driven by 72-year-old Jagir Singh, a resident of Sector 33. Faqir fell down after being injured and was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32 where he was declared brought dead.