Cyclone Phailin: East Coast Railway gears up to face calamity
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
In view of the impending cyclone in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh coast, the East Coast Railway has geared up its resources to cope with the calamity and ensure smooth running of trains.
Railway administration has made special arrangements to facilitate passengers during any unexpected situation, an official source said adding that emergency staff of various departments of ECoR have been advised to stay at the headquarters during puja holidays.
"If necessary, long distance trains will be suitably regulated and special trains may be arranged to avoid passenger inconvenience and to avoid large scale cancellation of trains," it said.
Besides, the ECoR has opened Emergency Control manned by senior officials round the clock at major places to co-ordinate smooth running of trains and to look after passenger convenience.
"Satellite phones will be pressed into service in case of breakdown of normal communication channels," they said.
Additional Refund Counters and Special Enquiry counters have also been planned to be opened at important stations of ECoR jurisdiction, if and as required, they said.
The ECoR has also planned Special Relief Trains to be run to disaster affected areas carrying relief and restoration materials. Extra Diesel Engines have been requisitioned in case there is a problem in running Electric trains.
Special mobile catering service is being planned to be provided at major stations and on board in various trains. Additional catering material and additional staff are being deputed to provide services to the passengers. Arrangements are being made to ensure water supply is maintained at all Railway Stations, they said.
In order to clear extra rush of detained passengers, ECoR has decided to augment additional coaches in important trains and also planned to run Special trains for the comfortable journey of the passengers during puja rush period.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota