Cyclonic activity brings rains to state, cloudy sky likely for two days
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
An upper air cyclonic activity over south Rajasthan and neighbouring areas of Gujarat caused the presence of clouds and some isolated rainfall over parts of northern Gujarat, including Gandhinagar, north Saurashtra and southern Kutch on Thursday night and Friday morning.
Clouds are likely to remain present in the skies over these regions with a chance of some more rains over the next two days, said Jayanta Sarkar, director of the Meteorological Centre in Ahmedabad.
Data in the meteorological department shows Amirgadh in Banaskantha district received the highest rainfall (25 mm). In Gandhinagar the rainfall was 6 mm, in Bhiloda it was 15 mm and Himmatnagar it was 20 mm.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress