Cyclonic activity brings rains to state, cloudy sky likely for two days
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
An upper air cyclonic activity over south Rajasthan and neighbouring areas of Gujarat caused the presence of clouds and some isolated rainfall over parts of northern Gujarat, including Gandhinagar, north Saurashtra and southern Kutch on Thursday night and Friday morning.
Clouds are likely to remain present in the skies over these regions with a chance of some more rains over the next two days, said Jayanta Sarkar, director of the Meteorological Centre in Ahmedabad.
Data in the meteorological department shows Amirgadh in Banaskantha district received the highest rainfall (25 mm). In Gandhinagar the rainfall was 6 mm, in Bhiloda it was 15 mm and Himmatnagar it was 20 mm.