Dabangg, Band Baaja Baaraat win big at IIFA technical awards
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Salman Khan starrer 'Dabangg' and 'Band Baaja Baaraat' led the technical award winners tally with three trophies each at IIFA.
'Dabangg' won Best Choreography for the hit song, 'Munni Badnaam Hui' choreographed by Farah Khan, and Leslie Fernandes won Best song recording. The film also won the award for Best Action by S Vijayan.
Debutant Maneesh Sharma's 'Band Baaja Baaraat' bagged three awards - Best Editing for Namrata Rao, Song Recording for Vijay Dayal's 'Ainvayi Ainvayi' and Costume Designing by Niharika Khan.
The Rajnikanth starrer 'Robot' walked away with Best Art Director for Sabu Cyril, who incidentally won the same award at IIFA 2010 as well. Robot also won the awards for Special Effects by Indian Artists and Make-up by Banu.
The award for Best Cinematographer went to Sudeep Chatterjee for 'Guzaarish' and Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy won the award for the best background score for 'My Name Is Khan' while Pritam Das won for Best Sound Recording for 'Love, Sex aur Dhoka'.