Dadagiri of Didi's men: Trinamool activists assault senior official of steel firm in Durgapur
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
A senior manager of a steel firm has been assaulted at his residence here allegedly by a Trinamool Congress trade union leader and his supporters.
Arun Kumar Thatoi, General Manager of Jai Balaji Industries' electrical unit has alleged in an FIR lodged with the Newtowship police station that he was assaulted by TMC trade union leader Ashim Pramanik and his men on Saturday night, ADCP (East) of Asansol Durgapur Police Comissionerate Sunil Yadav, said today.
The company's Senior Manager (Personnel and Administration) K F Nair said that on Saturday Pramanik went to submit a memorandum on demands of the union with the unit head Gouri Seraiya, but was unable to find him.
Later that night, Pramanik went to the residence of GM (Sponge) Yusuf Khan and not finding him there went to Thatoi's home and allegedly assaulted him leading to injuries in the chest head and shoulder, Nair alleged.
Thatoi was thereafter admitted to a private nursing home, he said.
Managing Director of the firm Rajiv Jajodia said that if the security of the company's officials were threatened then appropriate measures would be taken.
Nair said that he met IINTUC district president Prabhat Chattopadhay and conveyed to him that employees could have demands, but this was not the way to address grievances.
He said that Chattopadhay had assured him cooperation.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready