Dadagiri of Didi's men: Trinamool activists assault senior official of steel firm in Durgapur
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
A senior manager of a steel firm has been assaulted at his residence here allegedly by a Trinamool Congress trade union leader and his supporters.
Arun Kumar Thatoi, General Manager of Jai Balaji Industries' electrical unit has alleged in an FIR lodged with the Newtowship police station that he was assaulted by TMC trade union leader Ashim Pramanik and his men on Saturday night, ADCP (East) of Asansol Durgapur Police Comissionerate Sunil Yadav, said today.
The company's Senior Manager (Personnel and Administration) K F Nair said that on Saturday Pramanik went to submit a memorandum on demands of the union with the unit head Gouri Seraiya, but was unable to find him.
Later that night, Pramanik went to the residence of GM (Sponge) Yusuf Khan and not finding him there went to Thatoi's home and allegedly assaulted him leading to injuries in the chest head and shoulder, Nair alleged.
Thatoi was thereafter admitted to a private nursing home, he said.
Managing Director of the firm Rajiv Jajodia said that if the security of the company's officials were threatened then appropriate measures would be taken.
Nair said that he met IINTUC district president Prabhat Chattopadhay and conveyed to him that employees could have demands, but this was not the way to address grievances.
He said that Chattopadhay had assured him cooperation.