Dadagiri of Didi's men: Trinamool activists assault senior official of steel firm in Durgapur
- BJP's mission UP: Modi heads to Varanasi, Joshi gets Kanpur and Rajnath goes to Lucknow
- Missing flight MH370: Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
A senior manager of a steel firm has been assaulted at his residence here allegedly by a Trinamool Congress trade union leader and his supporters.
Arun Kumar Thatoi, General Manager of Jai Balaji Industries' electrical unit has alleged in an FIR lodged with the Newtowship police station that he was assaulted by TMC trade union leader Ashim Pramanik and his men on Saturday night, ADCP (East) of Asansol Durgapur Police Comissionerate Sunil Yadav, said today.
The company's Senior Manager (Personnel and Administration) K F Nair said that on Saturday Pramanik went to submit a memorandum on demands of the union with the unit head Gouri Seraiya, but was unable to find him.
Later that night, Pramanik went to the residence of GM (Sponge) Yusuf Khan and not finding him there went to Thatoi's home and allegedly assaulted him leading to injuries in the chest head and shoulder, Nair alleged.
Thatoi was thereafter admitted to a private nursing home, he said.
Managing Director of the firm Rajiv Jajodia said that if the security of the company's officials were threatened then appropriate measures would be taken.
Nair said that he met IINTUC district president Prabhat Chattopadhay and conveyed to him that employees could have demands, but this was not the way to address grievances.
He said that Chattopadhay had assured him cooperation.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Devyani Khobragade’s reindictment is ‘aggression’ against India: Her father
- Rahul Gandhi dubs poll surveys as ‘jokes’
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’