Dadagiri of Didi's men: Trinamool activists assault senior official of steel firm in Durgapur
- At meet with Chinese counterpart, Sushma Swaraj raises Masood Azhar issue
- How a railway project put truck driver’s son on plane to Japan
- Kingfisher Airlines challenges ED's charges against Mallya in Mumbai court
- BJP's Vijay Goel fined for violating odd-even scheme, he says 'successful protest'
- Inflation in negative zone for 17th month, at -0.85% in March
A senior manager of a steel firm has been assaulted at his residence here allegedly by a Trinamool Congress trade union leader and his supporters.
Arun Kumar Thatoi, General Manager of Jai Balaji Industries' electrical unit has alleged in an FIR lodged with the Newtowship police station that he was assaulted by TMC trade union leader Ashim Pramanik and his men on Saturday night, ADCP (East) of Asansol Durgapur Police Comissionerate Sunil Yadav, said today.
The company's Senior Manager (Personnel and Administration) K F Nair said that on Saturday Pramanik went to submit a memorandum on demands of the union with the unit head Gouri Seraiya, but was unable to find him.
Later that night, Pramanik went to the residence of GM (Sponge) Yusuf Khan and not finding him there went to Thatoi's home and allegedly assaulted him leading to injuries in the chest head and shoulder, Nair alleged.
Thatoi was thereafter admitted to a private nursing home, he said.
Managing Director of the firm Rajiv Jajodia said that if the security of the company's officials were threatened then appropriate measures would be taken.
Nair said that he met IINTUC district president Prabhat Chattopadhay and conveyed to him that employees could have demands, but this was not the way to address grievances.
He said that Chattopadhay had assured him cooperation.
- With sugar industry and politics twined, drought a manmade disaster in Maharashtra
- After the Kollam temple tragedy, reasoned debate has been given a go by
- Bangladesh: Another blogger down
- Raja-Mandala: India, OIC and the Kashmir charade
- Ajit Doval apprising SC judges on national security weakens democracy
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid