Daikin appoints Kanwal Jeet Jawa as India MD
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
Japanese consumer durables maker Daikin Industries announced the appointment of Kanwal Jeet Jawa as Managing Director of its Indian operations.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary Daikin Airconditioning India's current Managing Director Toshiki Hayashi has been moved to Daikin Europe.
"In our pursuit of leadership, we will continue to build strong leadership across all regions in the world. We are certain that under Jawa's leadership and experience of the Indian air-conditioning Industry, Daikin will be able to achieve our mid term goals," Daikin India Chairman Toshio Nakano said.
Jawa, who is also being inducted to the company's board, will be responsible for the overall business operations of Daikin in India, the statement said.
Commenting on his appointment, Jawa said: "I am confident that given the strong brand recognition that we enjoy, and the very competent, motivated team, we will be able to realize our vision in India, and create value for all stakeholders."
Prior to his new assignment, he had joined early this year as Deputy Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of the company.