Daikin appoints Kanwal Jeet Jawa as India MD
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Japanese consumer durables maker Daikin Industries announced the appointment of Kanwal Jeet Jawa as Managing Director of its Indian operations.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary Daikin Airconditioning India's current Managing Director Toshiki Hayashi has been moved to Daikin Europe.
"In our pursuit of leadership, we will continue to build strong leadership across all regions in the world. We are certain that under Jawa's leadership and experience of the Indian air-conditioning Industry, Daikin will be able to achieve our mid term goals," Daikin India Chairman Toshio Nakano said.
Jawa, who is also being inducted to the company's board, will be responsible for the overall business operations of Daikin in India, the statement said.
Commenting on his appointment, Jawa said: "I am confident that given the strong brand recognition that we enjoy, and the very competent, motivated team, we will be able to realize our vision in India, and create value for all stakeholders."
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage