Dalai Lama holds special prayer at Nitish Kumar's residence
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today held a special prayer at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's official residence here for world peace and praised the state government for taking interest in Buddhism.
Accompanied by a large number of monks, the Nobel laureate held an half-an-hour special prayer at One Anne Marg residence of Chief Minister for world peace.
The prayer was held near the sapling of Bodhi tree at the CM's residence which was planted there on November 18, 2011. The sapling has been a branch of original Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya where Lord Buddha had attained enlightenment.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Water Resources Minister Vijay Chaudhary, his counterpart in Art and Culture department Sukhda Pandey,0 state JD(U) President Vashist Narayan Singh and party Rajya
Sabha member R C P Singh took part in the prayer.
Talking to media persons, the Dalai Lama praised the CM and the state government for taking keen interest in promoting Buddhism.
He described Nitish Ku0mar as "a dynamic Chief Minister" and said he has come to Patna on his invitation.
The Tibetan monk said Buddhism originated within India and did not come from outside.
"I am very happy to visit land of King Ashoka who spread Buddhism in the world," the Dalai Lama told reporters.
He said he was aware of the history and culture of Patna which he described as an ancient town and capital (Patliputra) of Maurya empire. The Buddhist monk referred to the names of great sons of Bihar like first President of Independent India Rajendra Prasad and Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan while mentioning glorious history of Bihar.
The Tibetan monk said the core principle of Buddhism is "karuna". The Dalai Lama arrived here yesterday for a three-dayworld Buddhist meet starting tomorrow. Nearly 200 delegates from more than 15 countries are expected to participate in the meet.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express