Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Christian taking part in Australia's MasterChef has revealed that she just could not address the Dalai Lama as "Your Holiness", as she believes that only God is perfectly holy.
MasterChef mum Kate Bracks, 36, from Orange, refused to acknowledge the leader by his formal title when he was the guest star of Sunday's episode, and only addressed him as "Dalai Lama".
"My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
"So in terms of everybody calling him Your Holiness, that was probably the only aspect of the challenge I was uncomfortable with. I just called him Dalai Lama," she stated.
Dalai Lama's appearance created an emotion-charged challenge for the other five competitors, who all spoke of his "energy", "aura" and "amazing spirit".
Baptist minister Tim Costello and Uniting Church minister Bill Crews, who joined the Dalai Lama for the lunch service, happily called him "Your Holiness".
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express