Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
A Christian taking part in Australia's MasterChef has revealed that she just could not address the Dalai Lama as "Your Holiness", as she believes that only God is perfectly holy.
MasterChef mum Kate Bracks, 36, from Orange, refused to acknowledge the leader by his formal title when he was the guest star of Sunday's episode, and only addressed him as "Dalai Lama".
"My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
"So in terms of everybody calling him Your Holiness, that was probably the only aspect of the challenge I was uncomfortable with. I just called him Dalai Lama," she stated.
Dalai Lama's appearance created an emotion-charged challenge for the other five competitors, who all spoke of his "energy", "aura" and "amazing spirit".
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food