Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant
- Parliament LIVE: I am a Durga worshipper too, says Smriti Irani in RS
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at 7-7.5 percent for 2016-17
- Naidu hits back at US envoy: Will they allow Osama anniversary on campus?
- Rail budget: No hike in fares; 3 more freight corridors, cut in goods tariff on its way
- Kansas shooting: Gunman kills up to four, 20 others injured
A Christian taking part in Australia's MasterChef has revealed that she just could not address the Dalai Lama as "Your Holiness", as she believes that only God is perfectly holy.
MasterChef mum Kate Bracks, 36, from Orange, refused to acknowledge the leader by his formal title when he was the guest star of Sunday's episode, and only addressed him as "Dalai Lama".
"My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
"So in terms of everybody calling him Your Holiness, that was probably the only aspect of the challenge I was uncomfortable with. I just called him Dalai Lama," she stated.
Dalai Lama's appearance created an emotion-charged challenge for the other five competitors, who all spoke of his "energy", "aura" and "amazing spirit".
- It’s time to decriminalise speech-related conduct
- Government must address the stress in the rural economy
- Dominant castes demanding reservation erodes this entitlement
- Why the world doesn’t buy Pak claims of India-sponsored terrorism
- The very idea of the university is under siege
- Railways seems to be on a shopping spree that has nothing to do with capacity augmentation