Dalai Lama 'not holy enough' for Oz MasterChef contestant
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
A Christian taking part in Australia's MasterChef has revealed that she just could not address the Dalai Lama as "Your Holiness", as she believes that only God is perfectly holy.
MasterChef mum Kate Bracks, 36, from Orange, refused to acknowledge the leader by his formal title when he was the guest star of Sunday's episode, and only addressed him as "Dalai Lama".
"My belief is that God is the only one that is perfectly holy," News.com.au quoted her as saying.
"So in terms of everybody calling him Your Holiness, that was probably the only aspect of the challenge I was uncomfortable with. I just called him Dalai Lama," she stated.
Dalai Lama's appearance created an emotion-charged challenge for the other five competitors, who all spoke of his "energy", "aura" and "amazing spirit".
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU