Dalhi gangrape: Victim's family terms Asaram's statement as 'illogical'
- Lok Sabha elections: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- RJD rebellion fizzles out, Lalu Prasad takes nine MLAs to Speaker
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
The family of 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim has taken a strong exception to Asaram Bapu's controversial statement on the girl, terming it as "illogical". "It is an absolutely illogical statement least expected from him," the family said.
"We had immense respect for Asaram Bapu and also have many books related to him but as soon as we get back to Delhi we would put them on fire," the brother of the deceased said terming the statement as "very cheap and downgrade".
"Godman or saints can never say anything of this sort... It only exposes his mentality," the family said.
Asaram Bapu had yesterday said the rape and murder would not have happened if the victim had called the rapist killers her brothers.
Referring to the growing incidents of rape, the family said strict laws were necessary to check the crime against women and also for changing the attitude of the people.
The father of the paramedical student said the family had great hopes that she would recover when she was being taken to Singapore for treatment.
Meanwhile the district administration is preparing for the "terahi" (ritual related to death) of the girl on January 12.
ASP Ashok Tripathi said though there is no confirmation of VVIPs attending the function, the district magistrate has started preparations in case any of the VVIPs decide to attend it.
A helipad is also being prepared in the village.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally