Dalhi gangrape: Victim's family terms Asaram's statement as 'illogical'
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The family of 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim has taken a strong exception to Asaram Bapu's controversial statement on the girl, terming it as "illogical". "It is an absolutely illogical statement least expected from him," the family said.
"We had immense respect for Asaram Bapu and also have many books related to him but as soon as we get back to Delhi we would put them on fire," the brother of the deceased said terming the statement as "very cheap and downgrade".
"Godman or saints can never say anything of this sort... It only exposes his mentality," the family said.
Asaram Bapu had yesterday said the rape and murder would not have happened if the victim had called the rapist killers her brothers.
Referring to the growing incidents of rape, the family said strict laws were necessary to check the crime against women and also for changing the attitude of the people.
The father of the paramedical student said the family had great hopes that she would recover when she was being taken to Singapore for treatment.
Meanwhile the district administration is preparing for the "terahi" (ritual related to death) of the girl on January 12.
ASP Ashok Tripathi said though there is no confirmation of VVIPs attending the function, the district magistrate has started preparations in case any of the VVIPs decide to attend it.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words