Dalit girl raped and murdered in Bihar
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A dalit girl was allegedly raped and murdered by two persons in Mahila village in Bihar's Nalanda district, police said today.
Finding the girl alone at her home, the duo entered the house and raped her before slitting her throat with a sharp object last night, superintendent of police Jitendra Rana said.
The girl's family members were away in Dhanbad to attend a wedding, he said.
The neighbours found the girl lying in a pool of blood this morning and informed the police.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi