Dalit girl raped and murdered in Bihar
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
A dalit girl was allegedly raped and murdered by two persons in Mahila village in Bihar's Nalanda district, police said today.
Finding the girl alone at her home, the duo entered the house and raped her before slitting her throat with a sharp object last night, superintendent of police Jitendra Rana said.
The girl's family members were away in Dhanbad to attend a wedding, he said.
The neighbours found the girl lying in a pool of blood this morning and informed the police.
A case has been registered in this connection and raids are on to apprehend the culprits, Rana said.